This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FronteraExperience #CollectiveBias
Do you love Taco Night? We LOVE tacos at my house but making them at home isn’t always easy. You know what I mean, the whole Mexican restaurant experience. I can cook many things but making recipes as good as a Mexican joint can be hard. Enter Frontera® Skillets – these are amazing skillet meals using Mexican ingredients and flavors that can be cooked up at home. The hardest part is opening the bag. Since I could not choose which one to get, I picked up Chicken Fajita Skillet and Carnitas Taco Skillet from Target along with some of their tomatillo salsa. I also picked up everything I needed to make some amazing side dishes. If you want to try these, they’re on Cartwheel right now! You can save 25% from 11/9 to 11/25, click the image below for more information!
So, what are we eating with these tasty skillets? Mexican rice and black beans of course! And we’ll be frying up some corn tortillas as well. These dishes are the perfect compliment for an easy dinner for 2 and they will make you feel like you’re sitting at your favorite Mexican restaurant! You may never go back.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- Heat some oil in a skillet and add the onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the rice and tomatoes and blend well. Use your spoon to smoosh the tomatoes so they release their juices. Blend completely.
- Serve hot.
Mexican Black Beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients and heat on low until beans are cooked thoroughly.
This is the first dish you should start as cooking the beans low and slow is the key to a well-flavored dish.
Fried Corn Tortillas
- 8 white corn tortillas, 6 inches
- peanut oil
- Heat oil in a small saucepan.
- Once oil is hot, fry the tortillas until golden brown and slightly crunchy on both sides.
- Season with salt and let drain on paper towels.
These Frontera Skillet meals are 100% fool-proof. You simply heat some oil in a skillet and add the contents of the package. Once you have cooked the food all the way through, you’re ready for your taco night! Hubs and I could not decide which one we wanted to eat so I cooked up both the Chicken Fajita and the Carnitas Taco. We ate them with our sides, salsa, and a margarita.