This post contains affiliate links, I receive a small commission if you make a purchase but the cost is the same to you.
Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo? I am not really a fan of margaritas but for Christmas, Hubs got a set of Margarita Glasses and so we brainstormed some drinks to enjoy. We decided on a lime sherbet with a tequila shot. It’s the perfect dessert. Refreshing and it’s got a little kick. I chose to use silver tequila but you can drink whichever one you like.
First, you have to play ahead. I know, I’m sorry. To make the sherbet, you need some heavy whipping cream, limes, sugar, and some water. I just hand juiced my limes but our zester was key in getting the essence of the lime. Once you’ve made the sherbet base, you can either shake or stir until well combined and then freeze or use an ice cream machine to finish it.
Once the sherbet is frozen, get ready to have a drank! I salted the rims of our glasses and then placed 2 scoops of sherbet into the glass and cover with 1.5 ounces of tequila. Garnish with fresh lime and enjoy!
Lime Sherbet with a Tequila Shot
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3-4 limes for juicing and zesting
- salt for your glasses
- Juice your limes and zest 1 into a bowl.
- Mix in your heaving whipping cream and sugar. Combine until smooth.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Salt the rim of a margarita glass. Add 2 scoops of lime sherbet. Top with 1.5 ounces of tequila.