Wow, it’s been a while since I posted on a Sewing Sunday edition. My bad. I’ve still been sewing but I’ve been working on Piglet’s Quiet Book – which I don’t want to blog about until it’s done. I’ve also done some little projects, not blog worthy.
But this project is. I got a fabric panel from FatQuarterShop.com a while ago. It’s “Spot’s Favorite Colors.” I instantly knew I wanted to make a color book for Piglet.
This project was filled with problems though and I thought I would never get it finished.
And I was so clever, I made all the little “sandwiches” of fabric and batting. Took my time, sewed them so nicely.
Then I turned one right-side out and realized I made the sandwiches wrong and I had already sewed every single page.
So, I had to cut them up. Then I thought I’d make flashcards.
That didn’t work either.
So, I dug out scraps of fabric is the correct colors and make little pages. One color per page. They looked great.
The book was too fat to bind.
Failure! Failure everywhere!
But then, I went to Micheal’s and got a grommet tool and some 1/4″ grommets and FINALLY conquered installing those thing. (That is what has been holding up production on the Quiet Book as well)
So, here’s the front cover.
And the back cover.
After all the tragedies and mess-ups, I am seriously thrilled with how this book turned out. I like looking at it more than Piglet does!