Are you enjoying your summer? I have a delicious treat for you to enjoy this weekend and it is going to blow your mind. A while back, we went to a gluten free expo and tried these delicious cheese bread balls. They are based off a Brazilian recipe and Hubs knew immediately that it was a tapioca-based appetizer. I was excited to try and recreate the recipe and my friends, you have to make them because they will not disappoint. Pair them with a cocktail made from cachaça, a Brazilian rum liquor and you are in for a relaxing Friday evening.
But first, let’s make some cheese rolls!
You don’t need a whole lot and you can add whatever cheese you want. You can even add bacon or chives or anything that pairs with cheese. You combine the ingredients in a food processor vs a mixer which makes for an easy prep. And I let the kids help with cheese sprinkling so it’s a whole family event!
Brazilian Cheese Rolls
- 1 egg
- 1/2 milk, I used whole milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tapioca flour (aff link)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice, I did cheddar and parmesean
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine egg, milk, olive oil, tapioca flour, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add in the cheese and pulse a few times to mix in cheese.
- Pour into a mini muffin tin and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. They will pop up and golden brown when they’re done.
And onto the cocktail! We wanted to make a drink using a Brazilian alcohol and found that cachaça is a favorite. It’s kind of like rum and we decided to make a spritzer since it’s summer. Using some muddled blueberries and white wine, we made a tasty drink that pairs nicely with the cheese rolls. Or just by itself, just enjoy responsibly 😉 And your kids can help with only the blueberry portion of this recipe.
Brazilian Blueberry Spritzer
- 1 bottle of Moscoto
- 1 cup cachaça
- 1 cup blueberries
- Chill your wine and cachaça.
- Pour 1 cup of blueberries in a bowl and gently muddle them. Pour into a pitcher. Add in the cachaça and top off with the moscoto.
- Serve over ice.
Have you ever had cheese bread? What about cachaça? What’s your favorite way to enjoy a warm summer night?