Y’all know I love a good meal prep. If you follow me on Instagram, I am always posting stories about prepping meals and this week, I have decided to show you how you can prep a month’s worth of lunches in 1 afternoon. All you need is a trip to Costco to pick up a 4-pack of ground turkey and your instant pot (aff link). You also will need 4 seasoning blends: taco, steak, garlic ranch, and the trio (more on that below!)
First prepare your gear. You will need the wire rack that comes with your instant pot. Fill about 1 cup of water in the container and then place 1 package of ground beef on the wire rack. Set it for 16 minutes using your manual setting. While this first batch cooks, you can label your ziplock bags. Since you’re making 4 weeks of lunches, you will be freezing at least 3 of them so be sure to use freezer bags.
Once the turkey is done, place it in a bowl and toss in your seasoning and 1/4 cup water (you can use some from the instant pot or from the faucet). Mix thoroughly and place into the ziplock bag. Make sure you allow all the turkey to cool before you stick it in the freezer.
For the other 3, I used garlic ranch seasoning, montreal seasoning, and the trio which is paprika, salt, and pepper using a 2:1 ratio of paprika and salt/pepper. Since you’re cooking all the same meat, you can just keep on cooking. While you’re mixing in one seasoning, keep another package of ground turkey going so when it’s done you can just keep on seasoning.
4 Weeks of Lunches
- 4 packages of ground turkey (Costco has a good price for it)
- 1 packet taco seasoning – I use a gluten free packet
- 3-4 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning (aff link)
- 3-4 tablespoons of McCormick Garlic Ranch (aff link)
- 2:1 ratio of paprika:salt/pepper
- Cook each turkey in your instant pot for 16 minutes
- Mix each seasoning with 1/4 cup of water and place in freezer bags. Freeze flat if you’re not going to use right away
- When prepping meals, divide the meat into 5 bentos for lunch and your favorite sides. Some good sides are:
- Taco Bowls: rice, lettuce, beans, olives, avocado, cheese, tortilla strips
- Garlic Ranch: lettuce, rice, rolls to make sandwiches
- Montreal Steak: pasta, olives, rolls to make sandwiches, lettuce, avocado
- Trio: rice, pasta, potatoes, baby carrots. anything! This blend is perfect for anything you can think of
Do you meal prep your lunches? What are your favorite things to eat? Have you ever cooked for a whole month before?