For my next meat free dish, I am sharing a parmesan crusted tilapia fillet. Using my favorite gluten free breading – Chex cereal! This time I used corn but you could use rice if you have that on hand. This dish cooks up in the oven and pairs nicely with some peas and a side of tater tots.
If you’re like me and you buy frozen fish, defrost it and then lay it out on a towel to dry. To make the crust, I blended some corn Chex cereal with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning blend. To dredge it, I used lemon juice, which I had never done before but it left a tang which was quite nice.
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice for dredging
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup corn Chex cereal
- Dry fish and set aside. Preheat oven for 350 degrees
- In a blender, combine parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and cereal
- Place lemon juice in a shallow dish and the breading in another. Dredge the fish in the lemon juice and then coat with the breading
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes until fish is flakey
What about you? What’s your favorite way to eat tilapia?