This post contains affiliate links, I receive a small commission if you make a purchase but the cost is the same to you.
I saw this article about the “official” state cookies a while back and decided to make Colorado’s. Ours is the Rocky Mountain Cookie. It has oatmeal, chocolate chips, and puffed rice cereal. And they’re super good. Want to feel like a Coloradian? Let’s get to cooking!
First you need to gather your supplies. I of course used gluten free flour but I also needed gluten free oatmeal and gluten free puffed rice cereal. Luckily, they were not hard to find. Once the wet ingredients were combined, slowly add the flour and salt mixture. Then you add the oatmeal, cereal, and chocolate chips.
Once they’re cooked, I left them on the baking stone for a couple minutes before taking them off so that they wouldn’t crumble. I find that oatmeal cookies sometimes fall apart if you move them before they have a chance to “set.”
Rocky Mountain Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the oatmeal, cereal, and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, let sit on the baking stone for 2-3 movements before moving to a cooling rack.