This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishGameTime #CollectiveBias
My kids love Goldfish® crackers. They are a great snack and since they’re on rollback at Walmart, I decided to pick some up and incorporate them into one of our favorite backyard games: bean bag toss. We love playing it and since Colorado can’t get it’s weather straight, this weekend was perfect for playing and snacking on our favorite crackers. The Snack That Smiles Back®
Once you pick up your Goldfish crackers, grab 3 cups, your bean bag boards, and bean bags. Each player gets 1 cup to hold their Goldfish crackers and 1 cup is for the winner’s pot.
Based on your child’s throwing ability, you can put the boards as close or as far apart as you want. I had them about 15 feet apart. Fill 2 of the cups halfway with Goldfish crackers and then get to tossing! The goal of the game is to get to 21 points. If you toss your bean bag and it goes in the hole, you get 5 points, if it lands on the board, you get 3. If the opposite player also lands on the board, it will cancel out your 3 points. Only 1 person can win in each round and the winning round Goldfish crackers go into the winner’s pot.
Once the winner’s pot is full of 21 crackers, the last player to drop their winnings in gets to keep it. But of course, everyone can still snack on their individual cup of Goldfish crackers. We’re an equal opportunity snack house. 😉
Counting Bean Bag Toss
You will need:
- Bean bag toss boards
- 4 bean bags in each color
- Goldfish crackers found at Walmart
- 3 cups
- Each player starts with 1/2 a cup of Goldfish crackers
- Players will alternate tossing their bean bags at 1 of the boards. Scoring is as follows:
- In the hole: 5
- On the board: 3
- Missed: 0
- Only 1 player can earn points per turn so if Player A tosses 4 bean bags and gets 5,3,0,0 and Player B gets 5,0,0,0. The total score for Player A is 3.
- Place the winning score into the winner’s pot and continue until the pot has 21 Goldfish crackers in it.
- The last player to add Goldfish crackers to the pot is the winner!