This post contains affiliate links, I receive a small commission if you buy something but the cost is the same to you.
My kids loved their advent calendar. I have this really cute one that I made and so I decided to make a simple one for Valentine’s Day. As the first big holiday of the year, the kids are pretty excited. All you need is some felt and a glue gun. How easy. You can make it today!
First, I used my AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter to cut out perfect hearts. If you don’t have a fabric cutter, you can trace a year on paper and use that as a pattern. You’ll need 28 little hearts and a few larger hearts for the calendar part (or use these!).
Using a full piece of felt, arrange some larger hearts and then super glue them onto a piece of felt. Glue 2 hearts together to make the counters a little more substantial. Using some puffy letters I found near the scrapbook materials, we wrote out “Happy Valentine’s Day Countdown” and then numbered all the hearts. Using adhesive velcro, put 14 on the piece of felt and 1 circle of the opposite velrco on each heart.
Glue a ribbon for hanging and you’re all ready for the countdown. We put the hearts we’re not ready for onto the back of the countdown.
Valentine’s Day Countdown
- 1-5 pieces of felt in shades of pink and red
- glue gun
- puffy letters and numbers stickers
- velcro stickers
- Cut out 28 small hearts and 3-6 larger hearts
- Glue 2 small hearts together to create 14 hearts
- Arrange the larger hearts onto a piece of felt and glue it on
- Put 14 velcro stickers onto the larger hearts and put the opposite velcro onto each heart
- Glue ribbon on the top to hang and get to counting down
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Do you have any special things you do?