This post contains affiliate links, the cost to you is the same but I receive a small commission if you make a purchase.
We’ve been using our Instant Pot regularly since Christmas. Hubs has been bringing his lunch to work and since it’s cold, we’ve been on a soup kick. This butternut squash soup is so delicious and easy, you are going to be like us and make it weekly. It makes enough for the both of us to eat a bowl every day of the work week.
Once you have all your vegetables chopped, you will need to use the saute function to saute the aromatics. When the onions are almost soft, add the garlic and keep mixing. Then you add the carrots, the butternut squash, and then cover everything with chicken broth.
Using the “manual” setting, program it for 20 minutes and walk away. Once the time beeps, do a quick release of the pressure by moving the valve on the lid from closed to open. Be careful not to have your face over it because hot steam will come shooting out. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. If it’s too think, stir in some chicken broth.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 package of carrots, sliced
- chicken broth, 5 cups + some to thin out soup if needed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Saute onion and garlic in the instant pot until soft
- Add carrots, butternut squash, and spices
- Cover with chicken broth
- Set instant pot to 20 minutes on the manual setting
- Quick release the pressure and blend soup until smooth. Add more chicken broth if soup is too thick
Have you made soup in your Instant Pot? What’s your favorite one?