Is it cold where you are? It’s chilly here and what’s better than hot chocolate when you’re cold? Maybe some with a little booze in it? Yes. But rather than just adding a splash of Baileys to Swiss Miss and walking away, this hot chocolate is homemade and has 2 types of alcohol in it. Want to make up some for you and a friend? Of course you do. Check out the recipe below!
To make 2 cups of hot chocolate, you need 2 cups of milk and an overflowing measuring cup of milk chocolate chips. Heat it on the stovetop, stirring it constantly. Make sure you stir it constantly because you don’t want the milk to scald or the chocolate to burn.
For the booze part, I used 1 shot of apple vodka and 1 shot of salted caramel Baileys. For a fun twist, I made some whipped cream and froze it. But plain whipped cream cubes are boring so I made some Doctor Who whipped cream cups. They’re perfect for cooling down the hot chocolate enough to drink it right when it’s served.
My TARDIS broke in half but fear not, the Doctor can just reset the universe and it won’t explode. A little Who humor for you. If you haven’t watched Doctor Who, it’s available for binging on Amazon Prime. 😉
Drunken Caramel Apple Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cups of milk chocolate chips (plus more if you want it more chocolately)
- 1 ounce apple vodka
- 1 ounce salted caramel Baileys
- heavy whipping cream, whipped and frozen into ice cubes
- Heat milk on a stovetop with the chocolate chips, stirring constantly to ensure the milk doesn’t scald and the chocolate doesn’t burn
- Put alcohol into 2 coffee mugs and pour hot chocolate into the mugs
- Add a whipped cream ice cube or two