This post contains affiliate links, I receive a small commission if you make a purchase but the cost is the same to you.
It’s almost February, the month of love. I thought I would share a delicious and easy trifle recipe with chocolate cream cookies, strawberries, and whipped cream. When I told my husband I was going to make us trifles, he was like “yum! Custard!” I don’t know if I’ve told you but my husband’s mom is British, so he grew up eating English food and traditionally trifles have custard in them. I thought trifles were just a layered food. Regardless, I do not like custards so here’s my take on a trifle.
Using my KitchenAid Mixer, I whipped up some heavy cream until it was whipped cream. I also took a package of Chocolate O’s and crushed them in a plastic baggie. You can use oreos if you want. Chop up some strawberries and lets get ready to layer the dessert.
Assembling the trifle is easy. I did a couple spoonful’s of cookie, then strawberry, and then whipped cream. Depending on the size of your jar, you may be able to get another group of layers in. I ran out of room so Blueberry got to eat the remaining cookies, cream, and strawberries. Lucky her!
Chocolate Strawberry Trifles
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 package of Chocolate O’s or your favorite cream filled chocolate cookie
- 1 pint strawberries
- Whip your heavy cream until peaks form. Do not over whip, you will make butter and that won’t be tasty in this recipe
- As your cream whips, put the cookies into a plastic baggie and crush them up. Chop the strawberries into bite-sized pieces
- Take a trifle cup or similar glass and layer the ingredients: cookie, strawberry, whipped cream. Gently tap the glass to settle each layer before adding the next
What about you? Are you a custard = trifle or are you just into any layered dessert?