Welcome to another week of CookieSwappinGood cookie swap! This week I’m making chocolate candy cane cookies. They’re delicious and easy to make. If you’ve ever made peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies, these are similar. I used candy cane Hershey kisses and they are Blueberry approved. 😉
I will warn you, this recipe makes about 4.5 dozen so you may need more than one bag of Hershey kisses. Other than that, you just need some butter, sugar, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder. Once you blend the wet ingredients, slowly add the eggs. Once that’s incorporated, add in the dry ingredients. The dough should be stiff and kind of sticky.
While the cookies are still on the baking sheet, add the Hershey kisses. Leave the cookies on the sheet for 2 minutes, the kiss will start to melt and that’s when you know they’re done. 😉 So, want to make these? The recipe is below!
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 salt
- 1-1 1/2 bag of candy cane Hershey kisses
- Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend in eggs until dough is fluffy
- Slowly combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt
- Using a cookie scoop, create 12 cookies on your cookie tray and bake for 9 minutes
- Once cookies are done and still on the sheet, place a candy cane Hershey kiss on each cookie. Let the cookies sit on the sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack
What’s your favorite way to eat cookies with candy?