Lasagna. One of those delicious dishes that takes a while to make but when you’re diving into a plate of it, you don’t even care. I used to love eating it with a crusty piece of garlic bread but those days are long gone. I haven’t been able to find gluten free lasagna noodles until we moved here and when I saw them, I grabbed them and added the other ingredients to my grocery list. When I told Hubs we were having it for dinner that weekend, he was so pumped. He loves pretty much all baked noodle and tomato sauce dishes.
- 1 package of gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 package of cottage cheese
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 pound of ground chuck
- 1 4-cup bag of Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees and brown the ground beef
- When the meat is done, add the tomato sauce and simmer until hot
- Line a pan with tin foil and put a small amount of sauce on the bottom to prevent the noodles from sticking
- Start building your lasagna. These noodles do not need to be pre-cooked so just start making your layers. I do noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, shredded cheese and repeat
- Bake for 45 minutes covered, remove the cover and bake for 10 more minutes
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving
The box contains 12 noodles but since my pan is 9×9, I only made 3 layers so only 9 noodles. If you use a larger pan, you’ll be able to use the entire box. Unfortunately, while Hubs and I like lasagna, none of the kids do so I don’t like to make too much at once.
Once you’re ready to eat, you can sprinkle some parmesean cheese if you want. I mean, who doesn’t like cheese on top of cheese?
This recipe is super easy to customize. You can add spinach, mushrooms, olives, whatever. What is your favorite lasagna filling?