Welcome back! It’s week 2 of my 6 Weeks of Salsa. Last week, we made Black Eyed Peas Hummus for the New Year but this week, we’re going to do a classic. I don’t know about you but I love Mexican food. Eating out at a Mexican place is one of my favorite things ever. I don’t get to do it much here because Hawaii is lacking in the Mexican department so, I decided to whip up a salsa reminiscent of my favorite restaurants.
You only need 3 things! A quarter of a red onion, 1 jalapeno, and 4 roma tomatoes. Seriously, it’s so easy!
First, chop the onion and jalepeno. You just have to have them cut into manageable pieces. Be sure to clean the jalapeno of it’s seeds and membrane. I started off by chopping them up so they had a coarse chop before I added the tomatoes.
Puree those tomatoes until smooth! If there’s one thing I love about restaurant style salsa, is how smooth it is. Store it in an airtight container or jar for up to a week. Or if you’re married to a salsa-loving man like me, it’ll last approximately 1.5 days. Serve them with thin tortilla chips.
What You Need:
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 jalepeno
- 4 roma tomatoes
- thin-style tortilla chips
What You Do:
1. Clean jalapeno of seeds and membrane. Coarsely chop onion, jalapeno, and tomatoes.
2. Chop jalapeno and onion in a blender or food processor until chopped small.
3. Add tomatoes and blend until smooth.
4. Serve with tortilla chips and store leftovers in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Are you excited for this week’s salsa? What’s your favorite kind?