Happy New Year! It’s time to celebrate! Have you made any resolutions? I’ll be talking about mine later. First, I wanted to share a recipe with you. Growing up, we always ate black eyed peas on the first of the year for good luck. I must admit, I don’t really like them. This year, I am doing a series Six Weeks of Salsa since Hubs got a Ninja Blender for this birthday. First up, Black Eyed Peas Hummus. It gives up good luck and starts this new series.
You need 2-4 garlic cloves, 1 can of black eyed peas, lemon juice, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. You need to drain and rinse your black eyed peas before you blend the ingredients.
First, mince your garlic cloves. When they’re to your liking, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You can serve it with anything but we chose pita chips.
There you have it! A quick and delicious way to stay lucky this year.
Here’s the recipe:
What you need:
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can black eyed peas
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Clean the garlic cloves and mince in your blender. rinse your can of black eyed peas.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the cheese) and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Enjoy and be lucky!