Let me tell you a little secret. I hate breakfast foods. Pancakes, waffles, cereal. No thanks. Going out for breakfast at a restaurant is the worst. When I was little, and we did road trips, I hated stopped for breakfast. Now, I will eat pancakes or waffles on occasion but if I never ate another one today, it would be okay. I was the weird kid asking her mom to have chicken noodle soup for breakfast.
So, what’s a girl to do? Here are 2 easy solutions to make your mornings a little easier. You don’t even have to hate breakfast. You just have to love trying new things.
Breakfast Fried Rice
Yes, fried rice. You read that correctly. All you need is a 1/2-1 cups of rice (hello leftover solution!), a piece of bacon, and an egg. See? Breakfast foods. So what do you do?
1. Heat 1-2 tbs. of sesame oil in a pan, add your rice. While your rice is heating up, take your piece of bacon and cut it up into little squares. I use kitchen scissors, it’s too easy. I cut it up right over the pan so the pieces fall in.
2. Add soy sauce to the rice/bacon mixture and fry your rice.
3. When your rice is just about fried to your liking, make a whole in the pan and crack your egg. Let the whites cook. When the whites are cooked to your liking, break the yolk and mix all the ingredients together. Cook the egg until you’re satisfied.
4. Eat and be satisfied!
Turkey and Cream Cheese Sandwich
This is an easy solution for when you’re on the go. I use an English muffin to make the sandwich part but you could use anything. The English muffin and cream cheese is a really good flavor combination.
1. Toast your English muffin.
2. Spread cream cheese one (or both!) pieces.
3. Top with turkey meat, I like the mesquite grilled flavor.
And that’s it! 9/10 you will find me eating one of those dishes for breakfast. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Am I alone in the breakfast-hating club?