Life with three is an adventure. Macadamia Nut is now a month old and we’re almost at the end of the first phase of adjustment. I mean, I know once I feel like I got this, something will happen. It also doesn’t help that it’s summer vacation so Piglet is home and crazy. Okay, not really, but we’re transferring therapies so he’s a little crazy now. More on that later….
So, here’s what I’ve learned so far. In the form of pro/cons because of con number one.
1. I’m sleepy. Macadamia Nut wakes up a couple times a night so that’s not helping the tiredness.
2. It takes longer to get out of the house. Packing up 3 kids, loading 3 kids into car seats, etc. Finding shoes, clean diapers, is everyone dressed? Yes. Oh, not Mommy. Oh well, it’s just Walmart.
3. Shopping takes longer. Wearing 1 baby, wrangling 2 kiddos, keeping track of the shopping list. Oh my.
4. Taking pictures with 3 tiny humans is pretty much impossible. See exhibit A.
1. Macadamia Nut is amazing. He’s the missing piece to our family.
2. More laughter. Piglet and Blueberry think the baby is funny. Now that they’re older, they’re funnier people in general so there’s more belly laughs. I can’t wait until Macadamia learns to laugh. Pour it on.
3. Blueberry gets to be a big sister and she loves it. She often wants to do everything for the baby. It’s pretty cute.
4. More joy. Every appointment I go to, I take a PPD screen and I always “ace” it. I was worried I would get PPD again but no signs so far. We all our full of joy now.
We thought we were crazy having 3 but now, it’s like how did we ever live without them?