I can’t believe I did it. I finished Blueberry’s quilt! It took about a week to do because I chose a pattern that was already done for me. Not like Piglet’s where I had to do all the math myself, I made it easier this time. I also decided that 7.5 months pregnant isn’t the best time to be crawling all over the floor piecing a quilt together but what can you do?
I like her quilt, but I’m not in love with it. The binding was hard to do because it’s silky, which moves all over the damn place when you’re sewing but Blueberry said she “loves it!” and Hubs thought I bought it so I guess it’s not as bad as I think it is. I also didn’t make it as big as Piglet’s. His was oversized and hers is undersized. If I ever decide to let her grow up, it’ll turn into a throw blanket but oh well. She’s still small now so it still works as a “big girl” quilt.
I really love the pattern. It’s called “herringbone” but it looks more chevron. That’s okay. The fabric I picked turned out to look really good together. It’s something I always worry about since I have to order most of my stuff off the internet and who knows if the colors were photographed properly or if my computer monitor is configured in the right way or what but these ended up looking so good.
I’m making a quilt this month for Macadamia Nut but his will be smaller, newborn sized. I’ve had the fabric for almost 2 months now and I’m finally getting around to making it. I just need to find a pattern!