Taking a page from Alex, I decided to do make a bucket list for Hawaii too. When we found out we were being stationed here, I immediately told my husband we should make a list of things to do but we never did. Oh well, it’s only been 9 months that we’ve lived here.
So, here’s what I came up with. Some are family activities. Some are date ideas. Some are just for me.
– Visit the Dole Plantation (the tour, the maze)
– Visit the other islands (Big Island, Maui 1, Maui 2, Maui 3, Lanai, Molokai, Kauai 1, Kauai 2, Kauai 3)
– Snorkel (done, and again)
– Hike Diamond Head – (done)
– Spam Jam (done)
– Go on a dinner cruise (done)
– Run either the North Shore Marathon or the Hawaii Marathon (whomp whomp)
– Go to a Luau (done)
– Visit Pali Look Out (done)
– Visit the Polynesian Cultural Center (done)
– Visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial (done)
– Stay overnight at one of the beach cabins from MWR (done)
– Aquacycle in Waikiki (done)
– Visit Sea Life Park (done)
– Stay at the Hale Koa (done)
– Stay overnight at Aulani Disney Resort (look inside, the pools, the food, character breakfast)
– Visit Turtle Bay Resort (done)
– Hit Up Some Food Trucks (done)
– Visit the ‘Iolani Palace (done)
– Hike Koko Head Crater (done)
I think that’s about it. Not too long but we both work and we’re going to have a tiny baby for most of it.Is there any no-shit-do-not-miss-this part of the HI Life I forgot?